Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Big Thank You

Multnomah Falls on the Columbia River Gorge scenic byway. The waterfall is 620 feet tall and is the second tallest year-round waterfall in the US.

A burned tree that continues to live in the Olympic National Park. The outside and top continue to grow.


I need to thank several people who helped make the cross-country trip a success:



My sister Alyce loaned us her GPS. TomTom was fantastic, although she did encourage me to turn into a wheat field in the middle of Washington state. I had deviated from her prescribed course and when I didn't follow the "Turn around when possible command" I guess she decided to send me off course. I stayed on the road, and Olivia and I made it to Lowell, Idaho anyway. We really benefited from having Tom Tom, and I really appreciate Alyce's generosity!






To the Ruane family in Colorado Springs: Thanks a million. The Ruanes were so generous to open their homes and act as tour guides during our stay in Colorado Springs. The Ruane girls were gracious and kind hosts to Olivia, and they all became fast friends. The food was great, as was the hospitality. We hope to return the favor when the Ruanes visit North Carolina or South Carolina.






To Sonya Summerfield, Brent's sister: Thanks for hanging out with Olivia and me while Brent was on the river. I don't know if I would have had the courage to travel with Olivia to Portland and Seattle by myself. Sonya made the trip to Portland and Seattle possible (in so many ways), and I really appreciate her kindness, patience and generosity.






For Debbie and Jim: Thanks for making Brent's Selway trip a huge success. Without Debbie and Jim's help, the trip would not have happened at all! Debbie and Jim also let us stay in their home, although we were a bit in the way and disrupted their home makeover! The food and hospitality were excellent. Olivia fell in love with Tater and Tot. We hope to repay their generosity when they visit the Carolinas.






Thanks to everyone who went on the Selway trip--Brent says it was the best group ever!






Thanks to everyone who followed our adventure and prayed for us along the way. We had no injuries, illnesses or problems of any kind.



Here's a short video of a geyser in Yellowstone. I was going to post more videos, but it takes too long for them to load. I'll try to post some on You Tube. If I do, I'll send an email so you can take a look at Old Faithful and some fumeroles and mud pots in Yellowstone.


No comments:

Post a Comment